2021 Hospital Communication
Milk Ordering Made Easy:
- MMBA ships milk to hospitals outside of the Austin-area Monday through Thursday for delivery Tuesday through Friday. Orders must be received by 3 pm CST for next-day delivery.
- For Austin-area hospitals, milk deliveries occur Monday through Friday between the hours of 9 am to 5 pm and 24 hours notice is requested.
- Submit orders:
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 512-428-8950
- Phone: 512-494-0800 or 877-813-6455 for urgent needs
- Order confirmation will be provided via email within one business day and tracking information will arrive via email once the package has been shipped. If you do not receive any confirmation within 1 business day, please contact us ASAP.
- For more details, visit our Hospital Page
Everyone has emergencies — how to reach MMBA outside of office hours:
We recognize that donor human milk needs of infants in NICUs, Maternal Baby Units, and even babies being discharged, will not always be predictable. Avoiding supply shortages can be accomplished:
- Keeping a supply of donor human milk in the unit freezer is the best way to avoid the need to scramble, and MMBA can send donor human milk with an expiration date several months away in order to avoid any stress about not using milk in time. Consider keeping a 2-week supply on hand at all times, noting the expiration dates of pools of milk so that you are always using the milk with the nearest date first.
- Check the reserved supply daily in order to identify when the volume dips below a 2-weeks supply, and when expiration dates are nearing.
In an emergency, we are reachable. Call the milk bank’s 512-494-0800 and press the number for emergencies. Your call will be routed to Kim Updegrove, Executive Director, and she can help make a plan for dispensing milk to you.
MMBA has no couriers outside of office hours so transportation will need to be arranged by your hospital. Incoming staff, a courier, and even a taxi can be used to pick up milk at MMBA in these circumstances. Staff filling orders after hours are coming in just for this purpose, so you will need to make specific pickup arrangements for a mutually acceptable time. An After-Hours Fee will be assessed for this service.