Hello, you are using an old browser that's unsafe and no longer supported. Please consider
your browser to a newer version, or downloading a
Since the milk bank’s official opening in 1999, we’ve grown beyond Austin’s city limits to become the world’s largest non-profit milk bank, feeding babies with over 7 million ounces of donor milk. Thanks to the dedication of their ever-growing numbers of milk donors, volunteers, supporters, and staff, this year the milk bank celebrates its 21st anniversary of providing milk to preterm and medically fragile babies in Texas and across the U.S.
The goal of this social media toolkit is to share information about the milk bank and encourage you to help us to spread the word about our mission. As you know, every drop counts!
Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin Media Handles
Sample Social Media Posts
About Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin
- #Didyouknow Through life-saving donor milk, more than 60,000 medically-fragile babies in the United States receive the benefits of breast milk that help them grow and thrive. Visit milkbank.org for more information!
- Mothers Milk Bank at Austin saves babies’ lives by providing safe, pasteurized donor milk to babies born too sick or too soon. Ready to help support their mission? Follow @milkbank today!
- Did you know that every year, 60,000 babies are born in the United States weighing 3.5 pounds or less? Less than half of those babies’ mothers are able to provide them with #breastmilk. Through lifesaving donor milk, these medically-fragile babies receive the benefits of breast milk that help them grow and thrive.
- Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin is a non-profit organization whose mission is to save babies’ lives by providing prescribed donor human milk. Volunteer moms donate their extra breast milk and the milk bank pasteurizes it in their lab in order to eliminate any bacteria and viruses. Finally, the lifesaving donor milk is distributed to babies in Texas and all over the United States. Ready to help support their mission? Follow @milkbank today!
About Milk Collection Sites
- So you’re an approved donor from @milkbank, already pumped, labeled, and frozen your milk, now what? Bring your milk to our location and we’ll it arrives to the milk bank safe!
- As a Milk Collection Site for @milkbank we’re supporting their mission of saves babies’ lives by providing prescribed donor human milk!
- So you’re an approved donor from the Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin, already pumped, labeled, and frozen your milk, now what? It’s time to donate! Our location serves as a Milk Collection Site from the Austin milk bank, feel free to drop off your milk, and we’ll ensure the safe handling, storage, and transport of your precious liquid gold to the milk bank.
- As a #austinmilkbank Milk Collection Site, we will give lactating women a new, convenient drop off location for their much-needed breastmilk donations.
Become a milk donor
- Breast Milk Saves Lives! Become a milk donor today. The process is pretty simple; it only takes 4 steps before you are ready to donate. Visit Milkbank.org/donate-milk
- Dear moms, donating your excess milk can save babies’ lives! Visit milkbank.org to learn more about becoming a milk donor.
- Breast Milk Saves Lives! Did you know that becoming a donor is an easy 4-step process, with all expenses covered by the milk bank? If you don’t live in Austin, once approved, you can also drop off your lifesaving milk at one of 55 milk drop-off sites in Texas and other states. Follow @austinmilkbank to learn more about becoming a milk donor.
- Dear moms, donating your excess milk can save babies’ lives! Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin is a non-profit organization whose mission is to save babies’ lives by providing safe, pasteurized donor milk to babies born too sick or too soon. Visit milkbank.org or follow them @austinmilkbank to learn more about becoming a milk donor.
Graphics & Downloads
Feel like sharing? Download these photos, graphics, and videos. Use #isavebabies or #austinmilkbank and tag us!
Download your favorite!