We are excited to offer scholarships for local individuals of color who wish to train as doulas. The goal of this program is to decrease the health disparities that exist in mothers and babies in the African American community here in Austin by increasing certified doulas of color with an emphasis on breastfeeding knowledge.
Please submit a response recorded (video) answering the following questions:
1. Why do you want to become a doula?
2. When did you become interested in this role and how does it align with your passion?
3. Tell me about a time you’ve had to care for someone else? What were some challenges, barriers, successes?
How did you care for yourself during this time? How did you handle stress during this time?
4. What have been your barriers to becoming a doula?
5. How will this scholarship help you achieve our goal of becoming a birth or postpartum doula?
6. How will you use the doula training to decrease disparities and improve Black maternal and infant health?
Applications for this scholarship close on March 31, 2021. Winners will be notified by April 9, 2021.