Milk Inventory and Bottle Program Technician
Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin
Your enthusiasm brings people together, stimulating both personal
and team excellence. You have a passion to make a difference in the
lives of babies across the US.
You are great at transforming something strong into something superb. Additionally, you are
accomplished at problem solving, taking ownership of what you say you will do.
You understand that to be successful at MMBA, you must be organized, adaptable, and able to
prioritize tasks efficiently with your time management skills.
This opportunity is great for a proficient communicator with experience in inventory
management. If you are intrigued, read on to learn about an exciting opportunity as the
Inventory and Bottle Program Technician for the Mothers’ Milk Bank at Austin.
Who We Are
Mothers’ Milk Bank Austin (MMBA) is a nonprofit founded in 1999 to save the lives of babies
through the dispensing of prescribed, pasteurized donor breast milk. MMBA has many active
programs, including a milk processing lab, a recipient family and hospital community,
volunteers, milk donors and ambassadors, community education initiatives, and more.
The milk bank embraces equal opportunity and is committed to building a team that represents
a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We are excited to receive applications from a
diverse range of candidates who are representative of the communities we serve. We also
strongly encourage candidates to research our company and ask questions in their interview to
make sure our values as an employer align with theirs as an employee.
Milk Inventory and Bottle Technician Role
The Inventory and Bottle Program Technician understands and performs all functions related to
milk inventory, dispensation, and our bottle program. The ideal candidate is energetic, data-
driven, and enjoys working as a team in a fast-paced work environment.
The following position responsibilities are essential functions of the position. Successful job
applicants will be able to perform these essential functions with minimal supervision:
● Understand and perform all tasks related to both incoming raw donor human milk
(DHM) and dispensing pasteurized donor human milk (PDHM) while maintaining a
working knowledge of the HMBANA and FDA regulatory standards that govern those
● Receive, sort, log, label, and store incoming milk to the milk bank according to MMBA
protocols while checking for quality, safety and appropriate identification of milk
● Conduct regular inventories of both DHM and PDHM to ensure smooth dispensation
processes and an accurate roster of available milk
● Pack coolers of milk according to milk bank protocols and shipping service requirements
to ensure safety and quality compliance
● Foster healthy relationships with milk banks utilizing MMBA’s bottles, ensuring that
requests are met as appropriate and orders are documented
● Track inventory of bottles and caps at MMBA, determining appropriateness of order
● Maintain a program of quality and quantity verification for incoming bottles
● Accurately identify bottles that fail to meet MMBA standards for quality and safety,
maintaining appropriate records of any control rejections
● Create monthly reports on Bottle Program inventory and quality
● Pack bottle and cap orders according to milk bank protocols
● Assist the Executive Director, Board, and other staff with miscellaneous projects as
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
● Promote a positive, team-oriented atmosphere
● Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
● Fluency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
● Maintain a Food Handler’s certification, Dry Ice Certification, and HIPAA Certification
Start date: As soon as possible
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Location: This job is in-person and occurs in our office at 5925 Dillard Circle, Austin TX 78752.
Salary Range: $18-$19 starting, based on experience
Benefits: Health, vision and dental insurance fully covered for employees, with dependent
coverage available at employee’s expense, beginning the first of the month following
employment. Vacation and sick time begin accruing immediately upon employment. 401K
matching is available after one year of employment in which a minimum of 1,000 hours was
To Apply: Send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. We will accept
applications until the position is filled.