This role oversees the Donor Experience Program, encompassing marketing and milk donors (customers). The program is experiencing rapid year-over-year growth, and needs a new leader to aggressively and sustainably scale the program – with an ultimate goal of increasing the milk bank’s brand equity.
We project that in 2021, we’ll reach a new all-time high of over 2,000 milk donors. To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
- In all efforts, support milk bank strategic goals for new milk donors, breastfeeding advocacy, operational excellence, milk banking industry leadership, and maintaining the milk bank as a leader in the non-profit and healthcare communities.
- Set direction for the Donor Program, from annual goals to quarterly and monthly initiatives. Provide strategic guidance for Marketing Coordinator and Milk Donor Team Lead. Marketing top-level goals include increasing milk donor referrals from healthcare providers, strategically located milk depots, and approved milk donors. Milk Donor team goals include scaling operations to handle more incoming donor applications, and providing an amazingly positive experience to each and every milk donor.
- Manage and coach the Marketing Coordinator and Milk Donor Team Lead. The Team Lead has 5 direct reports who will roll up to you. Those direct reports should be coached and trained into true customer advocates, which will involve helping the team move from a transactional process of supporting customers to a relational one.
- Collaborate with the other milk bank programs, especially Milk Processing (processing incoming donor milk) and Milk Recipients (distributing donor milk to hospitals and families). The Donor Experience Program has strong overlap with Milk Operations, and as we scale new processes and partnerships between the two teams are needed.
- Champion and lead adoption of Salesforce as our new CRM for milk donor relationships. We’re in the process of implementing Salesforce and switching from a manual paper process. This will be a big change for the team, with the goal of new efficiencies and reporting.
- Contribute content consistent with approved strategy for our new website (launching Dec 2020). Our goal is to become a trusted digital resource for expert content on milk production, milk pumping, and milk donation.
- Establish and build relationships with 3rd party agencies and vendors needed to support program goals. Examples include, but are not limited to: Marketing and advertising agencies, PR firms, and software vendors (Push10, Salesforce, LuxSci, Zapier, etc.).
- Coach and build up all donor team members to consistent high-quality service and support for our customers (milk donors and applicants).
- Build and maintain relationships with key referral sources in the medical community.
- Build and maintain relationships with new businesses, individuals, and associations who can support our efforts by spreading our message to target audiences, partnering with us on advocacy efforts, or providing financial support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years of people management experience
- 5+ years of program management experience, with a proven track record of growing programs
- Direct customer service or marketing background
- Skilled project manager
- Salesforce CRM experience
- Lactation training or healthcare experience a plus
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented with strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of managing and evaluating programs
- Ability to extract and communicate insights from a variety of data sources
- Fluency in Trello, Zapier, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, paid media, and social media marketing
Org chart: This position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the management team. This position directly manages 2 people, with 5 more team members under a Team Lead.
Budget: This position contributes to goal-setting and budget need identification each August and September specific to this program, but aligned with the milk bank’s strategic plan and the annual goals for each program.
Salary and Benefits:
Start date: January 2, 2021, or sooner if mutually agreed.
Hours: Full-time. Some evening and weekend activities and occasional travel required.
Location: This job occurs in our office at 5925 Dillard Circle, Austin TX 78752. You’ll have a private office.
Compensation: Salaried exempt position eligible for full benefits including earned PTO, medical and life insurance, 401K investment plan, and dental plan. Salary is flexible based on experience.
The milk bank embraces equal opportunity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We are excited to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates who are representative of the communities we serve. We also strongly encourage candidates to research our company, and ask questions in their interview to make sure our values as an employer align with theirs as an employee. Apply today if you think this job is a good fit for you.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.