This role oversees the emerging program whose goal is to break down barriers to breastfeeding in the black communities of Travis County through provision of group breastfeeding classes and support groups. Objectives include providing scholarship funds for doula training with an emphasis on breastfeeding education (provided by MMBA), establishing a model of community breastfeeding education using Centering Pregnancy as a guide, and building a sustainable community presence for families in need of breastfeeding support. This role reports directly to the executive director and requires a person who passionately wants to break down inequities in the infant feeding world, is knowledgeable about maternal and infant morbidity and mortality disparities, and institutional and structural racism affecting black families. This role may be full time or part time.
To apply, email resume to email@example.com.
- In all efforts, support milk bank strategic goals for breastfeeding and human milk advocacy, operational excellence, milk banking industry leadership, and maintaining the milk bank as a leader in the non-profit and healthcare communities.
- Establish relationships within the targeted community that will support access to women and families of childbearing ages who will benefit from breastfeeding education and support
- Create a community model of breastfeeding classes using framework from Centering Pregnancy, and establish a culturally sensitive teaching module for those classes.
- Collaborate with members in the targeted community to establish a series of classes that will educate and support breastfeeding goals for childbearing families.
- Facilitate breastfeeding classes, drawing in experts as needed to meet curriculum and participant goals.
- Visit with families in their homes as appropriate.
- Facilitate the establishment of community support groups extending beyond the classes.
- Monitor and evaluate program implementation and outcomes.
- Contribute content educating milk bank audiences about the program for the MMBA website
- Build and maintain relationships with key referral sources in the targeted community.
- Build and maintain relationships with new businesses, individuals, and associations who can support our efforts by spreading our message to target audiences, partnering with us on outreach, advocacy efforts, or providing financial support.
- Represent the milk bank well, in and out of the building, at events, classes and in community at large.
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- 5+ years of community advocacy experience
- 5+ years of program management experience, with a proven track record of developing and growing programs
- 5+ years of health teaching experience
- Skilled project manager
- Lactation training or healthcare experience a plus
- Strong written communication and interpersonal skills
- Results-oriented with strong organizational skills, and a proven track record of managing and evaluating programs
- Ability to extract and communicate insights from a variety of data sources
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, and Salesforce a plus
Org chart: This position reports to the Executive Director and is a member of the management team.
Budget: This position contributes to goal-setting and budget need identification each August and September specific to this program, but aligned with the milk bank’s strategic plan and the annual goals for each program.
Salary and Benefits:
Start date: January 18, 2021, or sooner if mutually agreed.
Hours: Full-time. Some evening and weekend activities and occasional travel required.
Location: This job occurs in our office at 5925 Dillard Circle, Austin TX 78752.
Compensation: Salaried exempt position eligible for full benefits including earned PTO, medical and life insurance, 401K investment plan, and dental plan. Salary is flexible based on experience.
To apply, email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The milk bank embraces equal opportunity and is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds and perspectives. We are excited to receive applications from a diverse range of candidates who are representative of the communities we serve. We also strongly encourage candidates to research our company, and ask questions in their interview to make sure our values as an employer align with theirs as an employee. Apply today if you think this job is a good fit for you.